Four shelters across Hays County are open for persons who were evacuated or affected by Friday's storm event that led to extensive flooding across Hays County.
According to a Hays County press release, approximately 238 people are currently being housed in various shelters across the area as of 6:30 p.m. Friday.
Officials are recommending that persons who have evacuated their homes not return overnight if their homes were flooded and the ground is already saturated.
According to the county, additional rain is expected overnight and properties may not be safe.
The following locations are open as overnight shelters in Hays County (as of 6:30 p.m.)
- Miller Middle School, 301 Foxtail Run – currently has approximately 40 persons
- The San Marcos Activity Center is closed to new evacuees. Those already at the Activity Center will stay there. Others seeking shelter should report to Miller Middle School. There are approximately 170 persons currently at the Activity Center.
• Lehman High School, 1700 Lehman Rd., – approximately 7 persons
- Wimberley High School, 100 Carney Lane – approximately 15 persons
- United Methodist Church, 28900 Ranch Road 12 – approximately 6 persons