Mary Alice Urias Alderete was born in Fort Stockton on Sept. 7, 1938, to Manuel and Alvina Urias. She graduated from Ector High School, class of 1959. She went on to marry her lifetime sweetheart Armando Martinez Alderete. Together they had three children, Rebecca A. Mendoza of San Antonio, Rosemary Alderete of Austin and Armando Alderete Jr. She was employed for many years at Artcarved, nanny to Katie, and crossing guard for the AISD. She enjoyed spending time with family and assisted in raising many of her grandchildren. She was blessed with many grandchildren: Moses Moreno, Joshua Alderete, Marina Helms, Armando Alderete III, Pete Mendoza III, Matthew Holleran Jr., Daniel Paul Mendoza, Luke Holleran and Andrew Holleran. She was blessed with great-grandchildren Ualani, Adreana, Aliyah, Cade, Mando, Nathanial, Areana, Keanu, Uriah, Adam, Alexander, Scarlett, and Jayce. She was a wonderful daughter, sister, aunt, wife, mother, and grandmother. She previously fought breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. Her third battle was the hardest – she fought hard against pancreatic cancer, stage 4. On Sept. 3, 2016 she lost the battle. Her beautiful smile will be missed – “Smiling Alice”.
- Janice Leigh Barnhart Poe (1924-2019)
- Five file for DSISD trustee election
- Tigers boys basketball finishes third in district
- Lady Tigers defeat Reagan Raiders 10-0
- Dripping Springs soars past Eagles to reach regional quarterfinal
- Tiger swimmers excel at the state meet
- Subdivision notice error leads to confusion in Dripping Springs