Wimberley celebrated its second historical marker in 2016 Nov. 5 when the Wimberley-Hughes House was acknowledged as a recorded Texas Historical Landmark. The event was a family affair as 16 descendants attended the event. Two were descendants of the original owner, Zachary Taylor “Zach” Wimberley, and the others from Zach’s sister, Mary Eliza “Lidie” Wimberley, and her husband, Nathan Emery “N. E.” Hughes. Thanks to the efforts of the Wimberley Institute of Cultures, the restored house is a focal point for local fourth graders to learn of Wimberley’s rich history.
- Janice Leigh Barnhart Poe (1924-2019)
- Five file for DSISD trustee election
- Tigers boys basketball finishes third in district
- Lady Tigers defeat Reagan Raiders 10-0
- Dripping Springs soars past Eagles to reach regional quarterfinal
- Tiger swimmers excel at the state meet
- Subdivision notice error leads to confusion in Dripping Springs