No fowl play in chicken coop fire

A group of fine feathered fowl, along with their human owners, escaped an extra crispy fate last week after a chicken coop went up in flames along FM 150 in Dripping Springs.  North Hays County Fire Rescue Chief Scott Collard said authorities were dispatched to the 16000 block of FM 150 Jan. 4 for a barn/chicken coop and vehicle fire.  Authorities battled the blaze upon arrival, which ultimately destroyed a barn on the property. Collard said the chicken coop was heavily damaged as well as the vehicle.  No person or animal suffered injuries in the incident, Collard said. He added the residence on the property was also spared from damage.  The fire was possibly started by a heat lamp that was placed inside of the building for the animals .

Comment on this Article

About Author

News and Sports Editor

Comments are closed.