Due to the ongoing threat of inclement weather as a result of Tropical Storm Harvey, Hays CISD officials have canceled all classes and school related activities for Monday.
According to the district, all district operations will resume as normal on Tuesday, Aug. 28. Monday was to be the first day of classes.
Hays CISD joins a growing list of school districts and entities that are being affected by severe storms.
Here’s a list of cancellations and delays for Monday:
Canceled for Monday
• Hays CISD
• San Marcos CISD
• Texas State University
• Katherine Anne Porter School
• Lockhart ISD
Operating on a delay
• Hays County officies (open at 10 a.m.)
• Wimberley ISD (operating on a two hour delay)
• Austin Community College (Classes start at 10 a.m.; classes before 10 a.m. are canceled)
• Austin ISD (operating on a two hour delay)
Operating on normal hours
• Dripping Springs ISD
• City of Buda offices