Clark Beach will face off against Remy Fallon for the Buda City Council Place 5 seat.The Hays Free Press asked Buda City Council candidates the following questions. Answers are printed below.
1. What is the biggest issue Buda faces today and why?
Addressing the exponential growth that we are currently experiencing. It puts pressure on all of the infrastructure and basic services.
2. What do you bring to the table your opponent doesn’t?
I attend city council meetings and I currently serve on the planning and zoning commission.
3. Where do you stand on Buda’s fluoride debate?
Use of fluoride in city water is endorsed by the AMA, ADA and CDC. It has been in water supplies for decades and I have drunk it since I was young. I think it is fine to have it in water.
4. What is your take on the progress of Buda’s bond projects?
I believe the bond projects are moving at a reasonable pace. Many things affect the progress of construction projects and some move faster than others. The projects need to be monitored to insure they don’t fall behind schedule or get put on the back burner.
5. Is Buda managing its growth responsibly?
To the degree that Buda is a small city that grew quickly I would say the city leadership has done a good job managing growth. Continued effort will be needed to keep things moving forward.
6. From an economic development perspective, what target industries do you feel Buda should focus on?
We need to focus on business that brings jobs that are resistent to being automated out of existance. Jobs like health care and technical jobs that can’t be automated would be good jobs.
7. Should Buda switch to a single member district system or remain at-large and why?
Yes. It would give geographical areas with common concerns a voice on city council.
8. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
Loony Toons. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester, Tweety and, the great Foghorn Leghorn.