The state ranked Dripping Springs Tigers tennis team Monday wasted little time in punching its ticket to the second round of the playoffs.
A dominant effort led Dripping Springs to a 13-2 win over the McCallum Knights in the bi-district round of the UIL Class 5A team tennis playoffs.
With the win, Dripping Springs advances to play the winner of Richmond Foster and San Antonio Harlan in the second round. A time and date for the area round matchup has not yet been determined.
Boosting the Tigers was a sweep of the girls singles, along with a sweep of the girls doubles.
Tiger tennis results
- DS Nicole Benyukhis def. MHS Kristen Tibbitts 7-6 (5), 6-3
- DS Alyssa Caldwell def. MHS Clara Stein 6-1, 6-2
- DS Kartherine Farber def. Lorena Gonin 6-0, 6-1
- DS Meagan Hall def. Vivian Williams 6-2, 6-0
- MHS Steven Tibbitts def. DS Trey McBurney
- DS Will Tretzinger def. Sami Rbeiz 6-4, 6-4
- DS Micah Hetrick def. Quin Ralston 6-2, 6-2
- DS Jacob Lawrence def. Henry Charberau 6-0, 6-1
- DS Andrushko/Benyukhis def. MHS Stein/Tibbitts 6-1, 6-0
- DS Longmire-Monford/Wagner MHS def. Gonin/Williams 6-0, 6-0
- DS Caldwell/Higgerson def. MHS Mason/Ross 6-0, 6-0
- DS Gretzinger/McBurney def. MHS Ralston/Rabeiz 6-0, 6-3
- MHS Charbeneau/Tibbitts def. DS Lawrence/Lovelace 6-4, 7-6 (1)
- DS Hess/Hetrick def. MHS Smith Purkiss 6-0, 6-0
- DS Meyer/McBurney def. MHS Hernandez/Barrett 6-0, 6-0