Roughly 90 local students entering the 1st through the 5th grade completed their week at Barton Middle School’s Camp Invention. The annual summer camp is led by Director Guy Gandre and Assistant Director Karen Sinor. The Camp Invention program allows students to “explore with fun, hands-on activities that encourage creative problem solving, teamwork, entrepreneurship, and curiosity.” Four primary stations, visited by each grade level on a rotating basis, include “Optibot,” taught by Mike Snead, “Robotic Pet Vet, taught by Brandi Snead, “Mod My Mini-Mansion,” taught by Melissa Garraway, and “Stick To It,” taught by Cara Lantrip.
- Police seek Kyle man in child injury case
- Kyle to defer utility payments for federal employees
- Loretta L. Coker Williamson Schadel (1927-2019)
- Westlake overpowers Lehman 81-53
- Bowie sinks Lady Reb hoops 43-35
- George D. Saucedo, Jr.
- Conley to resign as CAMPO board chair
- 25th Reunion of Tiger Champions