Preparations for the 2018 football season officially got underway for the Dripping Springs Tigers Monday as they kick started the preseason practice schedule. Dripping Springs is among several Austin area schools that took part in spring practices earlier this year, requiring the team to start a week later than schools that began Aug. 6. Practices will lead up to the Tigers’ season opener at home against Kerrville Tivy on Aug. 31. A full preview of Tiger football can be found in next week’s News-Dispatch. Feature photo, a Dripping Springs Tiger defender works his way around a blocker to approach a teammate during a non-contact pursuit drill.
- Police seek Kyle man in child injury case
- Kyle to defer utility payments for federal employees
- Loretta L. Coker Williamson Schadel (1927-2019)
- Westlake overpowers Lehman 81-53
- Bowie sinks Lady Reb hoops 43-35
- George D. Saucedo, Jr.
- Conley to resign as CAMPO board chair
- 25th Reunion of Tiger Champions