Multiple comeback attempts were not enough for the Hays Rebels volleyball team as they fell to the Bowie Bulldogs in four sets Tuesday at Bales Gym. Hays (16-13, 1-1 in district) fell into a 0-2 hole to the Bulldogs early in the match. In each set, Hays worked to rally back from a steep deficit, only to fall short in their comeback attempt. The Rebels’ luck changed in the third set. Bowie took an 11-5 lead in set three before Hays exploded late to keep the match going. But the Rebels were unable to maintain momentum in the fourth frame. Bowie surged ahead 15-9 and never looked back the rest of the way. Hays travels to play at Westlake Friday at 6:30 p.m. The Rebels will host Lake Travis at Bales Gym Sept. 7 at 6:30 p.m.
- Manor eliminates Dripping Springs in 43-40 heartbreaker
- Tigers fall to Lovejoy in state semifinal
- The Domain of Hays County?
- Short Term Rental debate bubbling up in Dripping Springs
- Small businesses ready for retail holiday
- It’s time to decorate, Mt. City
- Community groups help boost Hays CISD graduation rates
- Hays County Food Bank, Night Hawk prepare 2,500 Thanksgiving meals