Multiple comeback attempts were not enough for the Hays Rebels volleyball team as they fell to the Bowie Bulldogs in four sets Tuesday at Bales Gym. Hays (16-13, 1-1 in district) fell into a 0-2 hole to the Bulldogs early in the match. In each set, Hays worked to rally back from a steep deficit, only to fall short in their comeback attempt. The Rebels’ luck changed in the third set. Bowie took an 11-5 lead in set three before Hays exploded late to keep the match going. But the Rebels were unable to maintain momentum in the fourth frame. Bowie surged ahead 15-9 and never looked back the rest of the way. Hays travels to play at Westlake Friday at 6:30 p.m. The Rebels will host Lake Travis at Bales Gym Sept. 7 at 6:30 p.m.
- Janice Leigh Barnhart Poe (1924-2019)
- Five file for DSISD trustee election
- Tigers boys basketball finishes third in district
- Lady Tigers defeat Reagan Raiders 10-0
- Dripping Springs soars past Eagles to reach regional quarterfinal
- Tiger swimmers excel at the state meet
- Subdivision notice error leads to confusion in Dripping Springs