A 3-1 mark over a three-day span led the Dripping Springs Tigers boys basketball team to a high finish at the H-E-B Wildcat Classic in Gregory-Portland last weekend. Dripping Springs earned wins over Brazosport and Corpus Christi Flour Bluff, but suffered a narrow one-point loss to Schertz Clemens. The Tigers finished the weekend with a 51-46 win over Friendswood. Tiger Trace Young led the team by averaging just under 11 points during the tournament, while Kyle Rioux finished by averaging 8 points per game. Dripping Springs opens district play Dec. 21 on the road at Lanier. The Tigers return home Jan. 2 when they host state-ranked Austin LBJ at 6 p.m. Right, Dripping Springs Tiger junior Trace Young rises above Lehman Lobo Cameron Jones for a jump shot during the team’s non-district game in late November.
- Police seek Kyle man in child injury case
- Kyle to defer utility payments for federal employees
- Loretta L. Coker Williamson Schadel (1927-2019)
- Westlake overpowers Lehman 81-53
- Bowie sinks Lady Reb hoops 43-35
- George D. Saucedo, Jr.
- Conley to resign as CAMPO board chair
- 25th Reunion of Tiger Champions