The filing period for school board candidates in Dripping Springs ISD begins Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019, and continues through Friday, Feb. 15, 2019.
DSISD’s seven board of trustee members do not represent places; they are all “at-large” representatives. Trustees serve three-year terms. The current terms of trustees Marisa Grijalva and Jon Thompson expire this May.
School board candidates in Texas must:
• Be a United States Citizen;
• Be 18 years of age or older;
• Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy);
• Have not been convicted of a felony;
• Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy); and
• Be a registered voter from the territory of office sought.
An informational session on becoming a Board member will be held Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2018, in the Board Room at 6:00 p.m.
Early voting runs from April 23-May 1. Election Day is May 5.
For more information on becoming a DSISD school board member, visit dsisd.txed.us.