Registration for Kindergarten and Pre-K students entering Dripping Springs ISD schools in the fall 2019 is now underway. Parents should go online to complete the first portion of the enrollment process by March 15, 2019. See www.dsisdtx.us/registration for instructions and the online link; new kindergarten/pre-K students should look for “New Families” under Step 2.
On March 26 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and March 28 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., parents should visit the campus their child will be attending to complete the process by presenting required documents. Kindergartners must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 to be registered for the 2019-20 school year.
Families enrolling in the tuition-based Pre-K program will be entered into a lottery to determine if they are placed at the campus of their choice. Enrollment assignments are not given on a first-come, first-served basis. According to district officials, there is no advantage to lining up early in the morning to secure a Pre-K “spot” at the campus of choice.
For both kindergarten and pre-K students, the following documents should be brought to the in-person registration day:
• Proof of residency (electric bill and copy of lease/warranty deed/property tax statement with homestead exemption listed)
• Parent/guardian photo ID
• Child’s certified birth certificate
• Immunization record
• Child’s Social Security card
DSISD offers three types of Pre-K for children who will be 4 years old by Sept. 1, 2019. See the pre-K webpage for complete information.
• Tuition-based for district residents
• Free for qualified children, based on at least one of the following documents: Language proficiency assessment administered by the district; Pay stubs, tax return statements, verification of enrollment in a state/federal program such as SNAP or Medicaid; Statement of Residence-homeless classification; Verification of parental enrollment in the armed forces; Verification of the child being in conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services; Verification of parental employment as a peace office, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
• Tuition-based for out-of-district residents (limited capacity)
Kindergarten and Pre-K students are assigned to a campus based on the district’s attendance zone boundaries. The Address Look-Up feature on the district website directs users to the correct campus.
Other Students New to the District Other than Kindergarten/PreK:
Most of the registration process for students new to the district can be done online, but will still be completed at campuses. In-person registration completion/document drop-off dates at elementary and middle schools are Tuesday, June 4 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Thursday, Aug. 1 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). New high school students should make an appointment with the counseling department during the weeks of June 17-20, July 30-Aug. 2, and other dates as needed. Call 512.858.3109 or 512-858-3129 to make an appointment.