Walnut Springs Elementary student Karsyn Shook was selected to have a play that she wrote performed at the Emily Ann Theater. Shook and her family attended the public performance of her play, “The Adventure,” which was one of six chosen April 6 during the PLAYwrights Festival. Earlier this spring, teacher Carrie Ponton invited representatives from the Emily Ann to Karsyn’s third-grade class to teach students how to write a play as part of a reading unit on literacy elements.
- Buda woman dies in house fire
- Abbott allows retailers, restaurants to reopen May 1
- Permission revoked by County for pipeline to cross under roadways
- Economic relief on its way in Buda
- Well water tests underway after pipeline crew hits Karst feature
- Hays CISD suspends school and district activities
- Two killed in vehicle rollover in San Marcos
- District mourns loss of Hays High School senior
- Wimberley ISD sides with trademark argument, but will take no further action in logo flap
- Tiger baseball alumnus graduates from U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Lady Rebel basketball athletes named academic all-state
- Karen Kidd named new assistant superintendent at DSISD
- Friends Foundation seeks volunteers to deliver meals
- Is it time to dam the Blanco River?