Housing assistance is available for post-flood damage

The federal government has granted more than a million dollars to help residents of Wimberley repair homes damaged in the 2015 floods.
Residents who qualify will complete a survey, an application, and upon approval an inspector will assess the home damage and then the city will pay for renovations, said Erin Thompson, a representative from Langford Community Management Services.
“We really want to help get the money to the residents. The stories that I have been hearing are tear-jerking and so awful,” Thompson said.
The deadline to apply for assistance with outstanding home damage is Dec 20.
To qualify, the applicant must be a resident of Wimberley, lived in the home at the time of the flood and must have a certain income based on a priority scale said Thompson.
Several documents are needed for the application process. Below is a brief list of requirements.
• Proof of Identity: State of Texas Drivers License, U.S Passport etc
• Proof of ownership: Valid deed or 2015 property taxes
• Proof of primary residence: 2015 property taxes that show homestead exemption
• Proof of income: 2018 tax return for all household members 18 years of age or older
• Proof of storm impact: Copy of FEMA award letter
• Proof of current property taxes: proof of payment plan
• Proof of child support: must be current on all child support payments

Once all the applicable documents are received, a damage assessment will be done by an inspector. The possible renovations could include fixing a garage, new flooring, complete reconstruction, elevation construction to prevent future flooding or a total buyout.
For more information on eligibility or assistance with applications, contact Thompson at erin@lcmsinc.com or call 512-452-0432.

Comment on this Article

About Author

Comments are closed.