The window to file applications to be a candidate for the May 2020 Dripping Springs ISD election is Jan.15 through Feb.14. Applications can be downloaded at any time and filed at the DSISD administration building (510 W. Mercer St.) starting on Jan. 15.
An informational “Candidates Academy” will be held at 6 p.m. Feb. 5 in the board room at the administration building. Superintendent Todd Washburn will share information about the role and responsibilities of board members and answer questions. Attending the meeting does not commit an individual to running for a trustee seat; it is informational in nature.
Candidates for a school board of trustees in Texas must meet the following qualifications:
• Be a United States citizen
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy)
• Have not been convicted of a felony
• Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy)
• Be a registered voter from the territory of the office sought
See Board Policy BBA Legal for details on the above qualifications and other specific requirements.
Two seats, those currently held by Ron Jones and Barbara Stroud, will be up for re-election in 2020. DSISD trustees do not represent “places,” but rather are at-large representatives.