As of Friday, attending performances by the Wimberley Players is among options available to local residents
The group said in a statement that several measures have been taken to help prevent the spread of disease like COVID 19, including:
• Sterilizing most often touched surfaces like doorknobs, tables, counter tops and handrails.
• Staff are washing hands frequently.
• Everyone is encouraged not to touch their face or eyes.
• Staff and volunteers are advised to stay home if they feel ill or have been traveling.
• Staff are allowed to work from home when necessary.
• Signage about proper handwashing and other techniques has been posted. In the event Hays County or the city of Wimberley forces the theater to shut down, there will be options for ticket holders:
• Donating the cost of your tickets in exchange for a charitable contribution letter. “In the event of a closure, the Wimberley Players will suffer a major loss on ticket and bar sales, but will continue to incur costs. If you are able to donate the cost of your tickets, we would greatly appreciate it.
• Exchanging tickets. The Wimberley Players will allow exchanges for another non-affected performance of the same or different show.
• Refunds. Refunds may be offered for canceled performances.
There have been three presumptive but not confirmed cases in Hays County, the Wimberley Players will continue to monitor the situation. For more information, contact Executive Manager Simone Corprew at email@example.com.