By Megan Wehring
Candidates have filed the paperwork to have their name on the November ballot for city council and mayor in both Kyle and Buda.
Mayor Travis Mitchell filed paperwork on July 28 for re-election. Tim McHutchion, who currently serves on the Planning and Zoning Commission, filed to run for City Council District 4.
Tracy Scheel, Yvonne Flores-Cale and Jesus “Jesse” Espinoza have filed to run for the City Council District 2 position.
Lee Urbanovsky, who currently holds the At-Large Position 1, filed to run for mayor as Mayor George Haehn is not seeking re-election.
Matt Smith and LaVonia Horne-Williams filed to run for Position 1 At-Large. Bobby Lane and Monica Davidson filed to run for Position 2 At-Large. Evan Ture is filing once again for Single Member District B for the upcoming election.
Dates & voting information
- Aug. 15: vote center location list, early voting and election day schedule will be posted
- Aug. 17: last day to file for a place on the November ballot
- Aug. 21: last day to file a declaration of write-in candidacy
- Oct. 5: last day to register to vote
- Oct. 13: first day of early voting
- Oct. 23: last day to apply for a ballot by mail
- Oct. 30: last day of early voting by personal appearance
- Nov. 3: Election Day