Four people including incumbent Travis Mitchell are in the running for mayor of Kyle.
Mitchell, who is seeking his second three-year term, faces challengers Linda Tenorio, who formerly served on the Kyle City Council, Peter Parcher, who led a recall effort directed at Mitchell in 2019, and David Abdelmaseih.
Two seats on the Kyle City Council are also up for grabs, as are as two positions on the Buda City Council, two positions on the Dripping Springs ISD Board of Trustees, and the office of Precinct 3 Constable.
In addition to filling elected positions, Hays County voters will be asked to approve a $75 to $80 million bond to fund parks and open spaces. The city of Kyle will also call a bond election to fund a new police station. The Hays CISD, however, voted on Monday not to hold a bond election that was initially proposed at a price tag of more than $217 million.
The deadline for candidates to file was 5 p.m. Monday. Aug. 23 is the deadline to file a write-in candidacy.
Other deadlines for the Nov. 3 general election include:
• Oct. 5, last day to register to vote
• Oct. 13 first day for early voting
• Oct. 23 last day residents can apply for mail-in ballot
• Oct. 30, last day for early voting
• Nov. 3, Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (See haysfreepress.com for early and Election Day polling places.)