A series of six candidate forums has been slated by the League of Women Voters (LWV) of Hays County, encompassing all county elections plus the race for Texas House District 45.
All are virtual, and space in the webinars is limited so registration is required. Those unable to participate in the live forum can watch it online within 48 hours of the event.
Each is modeled on previous LWV events, where candidates will answer questions prepared by the LWV with input gathered from the community in advance of the forum.
All the forums will begin at 7 p.m. Candidates will appear as follows:
• Wimberley ISD Place 6, Gretchen Holtsinger vs. Lexi Jones
• Woodcreek City Council 1 year term, Chrys Gummert vs. Bob Hambrick
• Woodcreek City Council 2 year term, Vicky Alvord vs. Nancye Britner, Judy Brizendine, Aurora LeBrun, Jeff Rasco.
Deadline for questions is Sept. 15. Pre-register at: http://bit.ly/Woodcreek-WISD
• District Judge #453, David Junkin (R-incumbent vs. Sherri Tibbe (D).
• County Court-at-law, Tacie Zelhart (R-incumbent) vs. Millie Thompson (D).
• Tax Assessor/Collector, Jenifer O’Kane (R-incumbent) vs. Daphne Tenorio (D)
Deadline for questions is Sept. 17. Pre-register at: http://bit.ly./Judges-TaxAssessor
• Hays County Commissioner Pct 3 Lon Shell (R-incumbent) vs. Lisa Prewitt (D).
• Constable Pct. 1 San Marcos, David Peterson (D-incumbent) vs. Eliseo Galarza (R).
• Constable Pct. 2 Kyle, Michael Torres (D-incumbent) vs. Steve Avalos (R).
• Constable Pct. 3 Wimberley, Don Montague (R-incumbent) vs. Cynthia Millonzi (D).
Deadline for questions is Sept. 22. Pre-register at: http://bit.ly/Commissioner 3-Constables
• Dripping Springs ISD, Ron Jones (incumbent), Barbara Stroud (incumbent), Stephanie Holtzendort, Lori Broughton – to fill two places.
Deadline for questions is Sept. 24. Pre-register at: http://big.ly/DrippingSpgsISD
• Sheriff, Gary Cutler (R-incumbent) vs. Alex Villalobos (D).
• Texas House District 45, Erin Zwiener (D-incumbent) vs. Carrie Isaac (R).
Deadline for questions is Sept 29. Pre-register at: http://bit.ly/HD45-Sheriff
• San Marcos mayor, Jane Hughson (incumbent) vs. Juan Miguel Arredondo, Randy Dethrow, Justin Harris, Michael Hathaway
• City Council place 3, Ed Mihalkanin (incumbent) vs. Alyssa Garza
• City Council place 4, Mark Rockeymoore (incumbent) vs. Shane Scott
• City Council place 5 (1 year) Mark Gleason vs. Omar Baca, Zach Sambrano
• SMCISD 1, Juan Miguel Arredondo (incumbent) vs. James Bryant Jr.
• SMCISD 3, Nicholas Costilla vs. Mayra Mejia
Deadline for questions is Oct. 1. Pre-register at: http://bit.ly/SanMarcosCity-SMCISD
Questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put the race and the word “questions” in the subject line. If you miss the live event, watch 48 hours later at www.lwvhaysco.com under “resources” tab.