SUMMARY: City of Kyle hosts Neighborhood Clean-up EventDATE/TIME: Saturday, Sept. 19 from 8-11:30 a.m.LOCATION: Gregg-Clarke Park — Enter on Gregg Road, by the Post Office
KYLE – The city of Kyle invites all Kyle residents to bring their bags, bulky waste and the junk piling up in the corners and drop it off for free at the Neighborhood Clean-up Event from 8-11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 19 at Gregg-Clarke Park.
“At the city of Kyle, we’ve been putting a renewed focus on our beautification efforts and part of that is providing residents with easy and safe ways to dispose of waste,” Assistant City Manager James Earp said. “With the Neighborhood Cleanup Event we hope to provide a valuable resource to residents as well as prevent the improper disposal of waste that could go on to pollute our local waterways and litter our neighborhoods.”
City of Kyle residents that reside within the city limits will be required to:
- Bring a photo ID
- Bring a City of Kyle Utility bill
- Be prepared to help unload at the drop site
- Wear a face mask
- Those dropping off items can enter Gregg-Clarke Park on Gregg Road by the Post Office. They will be directed on where to unload materials and items by City Staff and volunteers.
- Appliances – except for fridge or freezers
- Household debris
- Scrap metal
- Above ground pools
- Above Ground Pools
Accepted Household Hazardous Waste Items:
- Cell phones
- Drain cleaners
- Fluorescent lights
- Weed killers
Items that will not be accepted:
- Compressed gas
- Medical waste (other than sharps)
- Waste generated by business
- Construction waste
- Hot tubs
- Fridge and freezers — Consider using bulk pick-up services for this
- Yard and brush waste – Consider using bulk pick-up services for this
For questions or concerns about waste items that cannot be disposed of at the Neighborhood Clean-up Event, visitwww.cityofkyle.com/utilitybilling/kyle-solid-waste-collection-information.
If the Saturday, Sept. 19 date it rained out, the event will be rescheduled for Saturday, Sept. 26 at the same time and place. More information about the Neighborhood Clean-up Event is available at https://www.cityofkyle.com/police/neighborhood-cleanup-event.