BUDA – On Monday, Sept. 28, the City of Buda will reopen most public facilities. Although the number of COVID-19 cases are declining in Hays County, it is still important to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing to keep the community safe. Phone and online methods of communication are still encouraged.
Per Governor Abbott’s Executive Order, face coverings are required wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household. (Governor Abbott Executive Order Requiring Face Coverings )
City of Buda Employees are following strict social distancing practices and will be wearing masks or face coverings to provide protection for co-workers and the public.
Buda City Hall and Public Safety Building
- City-sponsored public meetings may resume with strict social distancing practices in place and room capacity is limited to 25%. City Council and Boards and Commissions meetings may resume in-person meetings or virtual meetings.
- No rental of indoor public spaces.
- Daily disinfection cleaning.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Buda Public Library
- The Library will reopen with limited hours at 25% capacity with a maximum of 30 patrons at a time for “grab and go” service. Library hours are 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Library will continue to offer curbside pickup service. Buda Public Library Curbside Service will be Mondays 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. People who can’t pick up during those times can email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another pick-up time.
- No in-person library programming.
- No study rooms.
- Use of Library public computers is by appointment only for one hour blocks for card holders. Computer pods will be disinfected after each use.
- Daily disinfection cleaning
- Stay home if you are sick.
Visitor Center (Stagecoach House)
- Remains Closed to the Public.
- Please call the Visitor’s Center with questions at 512-295-7170.
- You can also visit https://www.budatxtourism.com/ or https://www.downtownbudatx.com.
Parks and Recreation
- The park system remains open. For park rentals please reach out to Recreation Program Coordinator Shelby Fletcher at email@example.com or you can submit rental requests online at https://www.ci.buda.tx.us/154/Renting-a-Buda-Park.
Notary Public Services
- Notary Public Services are provided at the front reception desk. For additional questions, please call 512-312-0084.
City Departments can be contacted directly at the numbers below:
Public Works (512-312-2876)
Buda Police Department – Non-Emergency (512-393-7896)
Parks and Recreation (512-523-1081)
Utility Billing (512-295-8845)
Municipal Court (512-295-2562)
Planning, Permitting, and Engineering (512-312-5745)
Visitor’s Center (512-295-7170)
Utility billing payments may be paid online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/budatx or through the automated phone system at 1-866-279-0787. Additional ways to make utility payments include online through your bank, by mail to 405 E. Loop St., Building 100, Buda, Texas, or by utilizing the utility payment drop boxes at the front entrance of the building and near the library book drop. Customers can contact utility billing staff directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phone at 512-295-8845.