Each January Dripping Springs ISD and districts across the state honor their local school boards during School Board Recognition Month.
The theme of this year’s recognition month is “Navigating to Success.” Board service is a volunteer effort with no salary, accepted by only a few in the community. It is a critically important job that requires an election as well as annual mandated training.
School board members are the largest group of elected officials in the state, numbering more than 7,000 statewide.
DSISD thanks its trustees for their tireless effort, dedication and commitment to serve as advocates for our children and public schools.
Dripping Springs ISD Board members have served an average of six years. They are:
• Barbara Stroud (president), joined board May 2008, Profession: Attorney/Mediator
• Dr. Mary Jane Hetrick (vice president), May 2015, Adjunct Professor
• Shannon O’Connor (secretary), May 2015, Accountant
• Joanna Day, May 2019, Consultant
• Marisa Grijalva, August 2018, Educator
• Ron Jones, May 2014, Consultant
• Carrie Kroll, May 2012, Advocacy and Health Policy Director