DRIPPING SPRINGS — DSISD Board candidates can now apply for a place on the May 2021 ballot. Applications can be filed at the administration building at 510 W. Mercer Street until 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 12.
Interim superintendent Brett Springston will conduct a “candidates academy” on Feb. 3 to share information about the roles and responsibilities of Board members, along with answering questions. Attending the meeting will not commit an individual to running for a seat, according to the district. While the virtual meeting will be conducted over Zoom, interested candidates can receive the link by contacting the superintendent’s office.
Three seats will be up for re-election in 2021. They are currently held by Mary Jane Hetrick, Carrie Kroll and Shannon O’Connor.
Board candidates must meet the following qualifications
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy)
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy)
- Be a registered voter from the territory of the office sought