By Sahar Chmais
The $90 million Buda bond package, “Your Buda, Your Choice,” awaits the vote of residents during the Nov. 2, 2021 elections.
The bond will include two propositions with a focus on mobility and parks and recreation projects. If both propositions pass, property taxes will increase at $7.09 for every $100,000 property valuation.
This proposition is focused on transportation and will cost nearly $74 million.
• Old Black Colony Road reconstruction
• West Goforth Road reconstruction
• Overpass Road/FM 2001 interaction improvements
• RM 967 acceleration/deceleration lanes
• Austin Street reconstruction
• FM 2770/China Street/Main Street pedestrian connections
• Talley Loop rehabilitation
• IH-35 to Old San Antonio Road connector
• Middle Creek Drive rehabilitation
• SH-45/Bailey East-West corridor
• RM 967 right turn lane onto FM 1626
• Pedestrian and bike improvements throughout Buda
• Future small mobility improvements and to be shovel ready for potential grants funding
This proposition is focused on parks and recreation and will cost $16 million.
• Garlic Creek Trail Phase II
• Eastside park land acquisition
• Onion Creek trail
• Green Meadows Park/Stoneridge
• City Park parking improvements
• Garison Park Phase I
Early voting begins Monday, Oct. 18 and ends on Friday, Oct. 29. There will be two early voting locations in Buda: Buda City Hall and Sunfield Station.
Election Day is from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2. There will be five voting locations: Buda City Hall, Sunfield Station, Hays Hills Baptist Church, McCormick Middle School and Southern Hills Church of Christ.