1. 12 states grow pumpkins on a commercial scale. In 2020, Texas was the top seller, followed by Pennsylvania, Illinois and California
2. in 2020, the Texas pumpkin crop was worth $25 million.
3. The majority of the pumpkins grown in Texas are used for decoration.
4. 3,500 to 6,000 acres of pumpkins are planted annually in Texas.
5. Floydada, the county seat of Floyd County, is known as Pumpkin Capital, USA.
6. There is a Pumpkin, Texas in San Jacinto County.
7. Pumpkin is the official State Squash of Texas.